Duration: 3.5 hours
Departure Point: Your centrally located hotel in Shanghai
This tour is designed for city walkers, and minimum walking time is around 3 hours. Your English tour guide will lead you through architecture of 1930’s Art Deco and leading about modern history of China from 1850 to 1950. You will get to know the environment and culture during this relax walking tour.
You will be visiting the following places:
• Okura Garden Hotel: The former French club, the lobby in the eastern part shows the best case for the French classical style in interior design.
• Lanxin Theatre: The first western-style theatre in Shanghai.
• Cathay Mansion: Formerly owned by famous Sassoon’s family, known for hosting distinguished guests worldly wide since the 1950s as well as its typical Art Deco style.
• King Albert Apartment: Another name popularly known as Royal Garden, built by the French Catholic church for expatriates living in Shanghai. Walking through this living community, which is now hidden between two busy narrow streets, one may take a close look at the French Concession.
• The former residence of Dr. Sun Yat-Sen: A museum of China’s revolutionary history.
• St. Nicholas Church: An Orthodox church built by Russian expatriates in the 1920s, small but delicate.
• Fuxing Park: The only French-style garden in the country, which experienced a lot of changes during the past 100 years. Now stays popular both for senior’s exercises in the morning and party animals’ gathering in the evening for its club and KTV party world. The walking tours that are designed for the ones of the same interests with different options at – routes to go, ways to do, and certainly, stories to hear from selected guides who are fond of this part of Shanghai history themselves. This tour offers a choice of morning and afternoon departure time (10 am or 2 pm). Your guide will come to meet you at your hotel lobby, and either take a taxi or public transportation to attractions at your own cost. After the tour, your tour guide will arrange a taxi for you to go back to your hotel or you can spend time walking around in the city by yourself.